Today, we are in ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) which requires every ASEAN country to prepare itself for global competition, such as improving the quality of its human resources, improving the quality of infrastructure and others. Indonesian Student Association in Thailand (Permitha) with more than twenty branches and nearly four hundred students, is a home where Indonesian student gather and implement many kinds of programs. Permitha as a part of the academic society studying in Thailand have responsibility in supporting the preparation of the human resources for ASEAN Economic Community. Permitha, a few times ago, organized an international seminar on “Building Competitiveness in a Globalized World” in collaboration with Indonesia Diaspora Network in Thailand, Indonesian Embassy and Mahidol University. It was a pleasure to be the organizer and also proud to meet some 200 promising future leaders from 10 countries. This seminar was held in Mahidol University, Salaya.
The main objectives of this activities were:
1. To discuss how we can build competitiveness as future leaders
2. Enhance cooperation between Indonesian students and the Indonesia Diaspora Network in Thailand through sharing knowledge and experiences
3. Help to prepare ASEAN students to become future competitive leaders.
1. Indonesian Students in Mahidol University
2. International Students in Mahidol University
Graduate Studies Building, 4th floor, Mahidol University
1. Yurdi Yasmi, Coordinator at FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
2. Ramdani Sirait, senior journalist, writer and corporate manager
3. Captain Priyo Sampurnadi, Flight Instructor in Thai Lion Air
Next, this program will be done continuously within several Thailand’s universities. Hopefully, these seminars will give valuable lessons for many international students in Thailand, in order to improve the quality of human resources.
Moreover, in next two months, Permitha will conduct the ASEAN Youth Summit 2017. The keynote speakers will be from Indonesian Ambassador, The Kingdom of Thailand, experts from ASEAN regional, and also representatives from ASEAN student organizations. There will be some performances of ASEAN cultures as well.